Saturday, January 31, 2009

An experiment in Twitter

I embark on an experiment to test the current usage of Twitter in our church. We have an announcement loop that plays on three tvs in the hallways and the worship center screen before and after services. I am including a "follow the pastor" slide to this weeks loop. Our pastor (@petetackett) and leadership team is prepared to use the communication tools that work, we want to know if this will work. I know that churches are proving that Twitter can be a useful communication tool and Anthony Coppedge lays out a great case in his e-book. But, will it work for US? As the old cliché goes "we want to be on the cutting edge not the bleeding edge." We start this Sunday with the pastor having 8 followers including me (@churchtechhelp) and my wife (@frugalandsimple). I will report next week.

No comments: