The Easter service will largely be based on the song "Something Happens," so we had our slogan. We decided to launch somethinghappens.org as our primary tool. We debated what to put there, text only, videos but about what, maybe something "I am second" like and then it came. Another major part of that Sunday will be a modern day drama of the woman at the well/coffee shop, so we decided to film a prequel to the drama. In our congregation we have some folks who own a coffee shop and they opened their doors on a Sunday after church for the filming. The shoot went better than I had expected, since I am no professional "on location filmer" and neither was anyone on my crew. Nor did we have all the "right" gear for great audio and video. But, what we wound up with was a project blessed by God.
The second part of our promotion is the advertising of somethinghappens.org. We wanted the advertising to be very vague so people would be interested in going to the site. We chose a very simple graphic and are using this across the board. We will be deploying about 600 yard signs this Sunday via our members. 3 billboards will be going up on Monday and we will give our church members business cards to hand out the next Sunday. Newspaper ads will run the week before Easter.

This is our billboard.
The most difficult part of this project for me was the Flash. I am not a Flash user or coder. Thanks to Brad Zimmerman at CMDTV and his expertise, Flash is now working.
We are going to lay out the promotion to the church tomorrow at the end of the services and have the site live after church, but I am going to give you a preview so enjoy.
Visit the site.
No comments:
Post a Comment